Protecting the personal privacy of every customer, vendor, and employee is a crucial part of gaining and keeping your trust in Aabon Apartments and Motel (the “Company”, “we”, “us”). As an Australian Company, we strive to provide a high level of privacy protection across all platforms.
- The types of data we collect from you
- When we collect your data
- How we use and process your data
- When and 3rd Parties who share your data
- For how long we retain your data
- When and to whom we transfer your data across country borders
- The security measures we take to protect your data
- Your rights over your data
- The choices you have over how your data is collected and used by us
- Who to contact and what to do if you wish to discuss with us about your data and your rights
This Notice does not apply to third-party applications, products, services, websites or social media features that may be accessed through links that we provide on our websites and interfaces. Navigating those links will result in the collection of information about you by a third party.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the data alone or in conjunction with any other data in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
How is your personal data collected?
Some of your data can be collected by us when:
- You become our customer or book online;
- Use our website;
- Fill in forms and or documents;
- Marketing measures and activities, including but not limited to: online, registrations, and other promotional information and materials;
- Whenever you contact us via the various channels we offer you;
Our collection of personal data
The personal data we collect includes all data you may provide to us when you use our services, enter our website, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide data to us, but we may then not be able to service you where such services require processing such data. We use the data that you provide for purposes administering your use of our services, such as communicating with you, responding to your requests sent through, improving our services, and personalising marketing measures and any marketing activities we use. We may communicate with you by mail, email or phone.
Non-Personal data we collect
We also collect data in forms that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect your activities on our website. The information is anonymized before being stored, and it is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our website, & services are of most interest.
Use of Google Analytics
Facebook Tracking Pixels:
Aabon takes advantage of Facebooks tracking pixel which has been placed on its website and used to generate data such as lists of visitors who have come to the site and their interests. This is Facebooks data as the business user does not have access to the specific details it gathers. When we use this data, we are able to target Facebook messages at the people who came to the site but not determine who they are on an individual level. In this instance Facebook is the ‘data controller’. We do not then in theory have to gain specific permission from visitors before you track them with a pixel. The terms regarding the tracking will be laid out in Facebooks conditions when you sign up for an account.
Processing of certain personal data
In accordance with the applicable privacy laws, we currently do not collect or process the following categories of data relating to you: your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, health data, genetic data, biometric data. If we had to process this type of data, we would always request your prior explicit consent.
Sharing your personal data – Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential.
How long do we keep your data?
Through marketing its significant probability, the customer will re-engage with our brand. The brand, therefore, has a legitimate interest to use direct marketing to inform the customer about its products and offers & requests your acknowledgement on data being stored for up to 66 months.
When and to whom we transfer your data across country borders?
Cross-Border Data Transfers are, without prejudice to compliance with national law, prohibited, unless the transfer is made to an Adequate Jurisdiction.
Cross-Border Data Transfers to a recipient in a third country may take place if the third country receives an Adequacy Decision from the Commission. Factors that may affect an Adequacy Decision include, inter alia:
- The rule of law and legal protections for human rights and fundamental freedoms; access to transferred data by public authorities; international commitments and other obligations in relation to the protection of personal data.
Privacy of data subjects under the age of 16
Our services are not targeted to any persons under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or process personal data from persons under the age of 16. Please note that if you are under the age of 16, you should not buy or use our services and we will not be liable for any lost or damage incurred by the unauthorized processing of personal data under the age of 16.
- Employees (screening / training and awareness / former employees)
- Ensure your employees (and you) are given training relating to data protection on a regular basis.
- Make sure that former employees no longer have access to data
- Restrict administrator rights in systems to authorised persons only.
- The use of the HTTPS protocol on websites, the SFTP protocol for data transfers, and e-mail encryption.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under applicable privacy laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you.
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request to erase your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where we rely on your consent to process your data. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing communications that you receive from us.
- The right to request that we provide you with your data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, where the processing is based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, and in either case we process the data by automated means;
- The right to restrict our processing of your personal data where you believe such data to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
The right to object to us using your personal data, where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
The right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your data, with the competent authority where you reside or in which your data is processed.
Whom should I contact?
If you have any question about this Policy, or if you would like to exercise any of your rights, or wish to discuss options with us, please in the first instance send us your signed and dated request, together with a copy of your identity card. Please be as accurate as possible:
By Post to: 45 Lisson Grove, Woolowin, QLD, 4030, Australia.